2:03 for a wet half. I was pretty pleased to switch from the full to the half based on the weather (“it’s a beautiful day to be running the half… !”) Each shoe gained several pounds of pure sloshy puddle water after mile 2.5. Also at mile 10 my shoe untied and I ran the last 5k with my left laces flopping around. Retying was not an option apparently. Ain’t nobody got time for that!
- I just spilled coffee in my bed. I do this every morning, I think, and I’m not ashamed. It’s 6:30 ok.
- I finally have post-graduation plans that I am happy about. I did not think I would have choices until April, so I am very pleased. Without revealing too much, I’ll be staying in Massachusetts.
- 9 miles yesterday in the rain felt amazing, but my body feels beat to hell right now. I didn’t cool down at all because I was so invested in getting out of my wet clothes and starting dinner that I am not at all surprised I feel tight this morning.
- Also excited for my half marathon with runslikeapenguin this weekend! P.s., I hear there is going to be a wicked storm on the cape, but I sincerely believe the race will go on anyway. This is the race I crashed my car getting to 2 years ago because of another February NE’er. By car, I mean ‘zip-car prius’ and by crash I mean ‘spin out backwards on I-495 and end up tail-first in a snow drift’ so I think I can do better this year with the not-crashing since my current car is 2x the size of a prius.
- An old friend I ran into the other day said she sees me at the gym all the time and asked if I was body-building. Cue squeal and correction that I did a powerlifting competition instead. Nothing better than others noting you busting your butt.
Signed up for marathon #3 in Hyannis, 2/24/13. I ran the half marathon as my first official half (and first time ever running 13 miles) in 2011. ;)
Of course my first fall race of the year will involve beer. And racing old guys who are much, much faster than I am.
Boston Run to Remember Half Marathon today: finished in 1:56. Now to take a practice MCAT.
- No breakfast, no gus in my bag, little sleep and barely any water in me: no problem. Still felt good!
- It was cool that my required distance for the day was 13 miles, allowing me to fit this in. Last long run before my marathon next weekend!
- My first half (in Feb. 2011) took 2:13, so I did almost 20 minutes better. This is my second official half marathon.
- It’s nice to have the fitness to jump into a race the week before. Maybe one day I will feel that way about marathons.
- I registered 7 minutes before the race started and ran from my car to the registration booth completely barefoot, carrying my shoes in my hands. +1.25 mi to my total for the day. I really should have woken up earlier.
- Got to take pictures with VFalcon after, and met her parents. I will miss you so much V, good luck at grad school doing amazing things!!
- Hello taper, I am not fond of you but oh well.
Now to take a 6 hour test—wish me luck! I’ll be back with a better RR by tomorrow. :)