1 hour of boxing with the MMA teacher after a full strength workout and WOD really did me in. Especially since I did two hours of workout with the coaches yesterday, and I’m going to be in the gym at 6 AM sharp tomorrow morning.
But in other news, my squat depth has improved 500x and I’m being upgraded to real squats on Thursday instead of the BW and box stuff I’ve been working on for form. I’m pretty pleased with myself for that one.
My coach has suggested at least twice now that I consider investing in lifting shoes. I have a $100 gift card from my generous uncle (I am his only niece, lucky me!) that I’ve saved for this purpose. Anyone got a suggestion, maybe with pink options?
Breakfast -> lifting -> weigh in. With shoes and water I clocked in at 147#. That’s at least +10# from the last time I weighed myself in what, July? I was 130-135# then, my racing weight. Either way my coach was pleased and I still feel stupidly lean, so I’m gonna shelve the thought and move on. :)
*also plz enjoy my wrist bruising from dumbbell snatches yesterday, they look so silly.
So it’s pretty much official, tomorrow will be one week without running more than 1 mile at a time.
I am okay with this. I’ve worked out 6 days out of the 7, and practiced a variety of things that I never, ever do. I never snatch, I never do non-triathlon conditioning, I never flip tires or push sleds. A week off was perfect—some tendons around my ankles were crackling but are now quiet, and I was *done* after 16 last Sunday but that fatigue has been replaced by satisfying soreness. Tomorrow back on running will feel amazing, and I imagine that the time off I have between today and Thursday (the next time I go in for coaching) will be filled with joyous runs.
I’m also really excited to get a new pair of kicks, since my red kinvara 2s (and blue/red kinvara 3s also) are all but slain and probably the reason for my lackluster prospective on running this week.
Still on track to marathon in Feb. Definitely on track to powerlift in Jan. My ducks are in a row and I am content.
So “internship” at the Crossfit box means I spend 2-3 hours there a couple days of the week, and get trained for the first half, and help train others for the second. It’s also been settled that I’m competing in their powerlifting meet at the end of January. It is going to be an interesting month.
A running list of memorable things I did during my last year on tumblr that I wordvomited on my blog about!
- Ran my first marathon (holy shit I was on tumblr in October? LOL)
- Goals from the end of 2011 — also hilarious.
- I wrote that For Beginning Runners post. It’s officially 2012 now.
- I started lifting again. I did my first pull ups.
- I became a fitocracy hero for my 21st birthday.
- I raced my second half marathon, sub-2 hours.
- Wrote a whole bunch of reviews and running articles.
- Started studying for the MCAT. Took it.
- Ran my second marathon. It sucked but was a 30 minute PR.
- Benched my body weight. I was taking lifting seriously for the first time.
- Did. my. first. triathlon.
- 3 Lift total was over 600.
- Ran my 3rd half marathon, hillier than #2 and still under 2 hours.
We’ll have to see what becomes of 2013. Graduation and probably more running.